Jump to Navigation

October 2015 Archives

How can you divorce someone living overseas?

For most, initiating a divorce involves simply walking down the hallway and stating their intentions to their spouses. Yet what if your spouse lives in another country? First know that you are not alone; in fact, the website LongDistanceRelationshipStatistics.com reports that 2.9 percent of all American married couples live apart. Whether your original intent was to remain married while living in separate countries, or he or she moved abroad following a separation, carrying out an international divorce can be rife with challenges.

Establishing paternity in Texas

For many of the separated parents in San Antonio that we work with here at The Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C., the issue of paternity often comes up. When you need financial assistance from the father of your child in order to meet the expenses of parenthood, it is often required that you first establish paternity. Thus, when faced with this situation, it is important that you understand the criteria the court uses when legally identifying a man as the father of a child.

Do Texas child custody laws allow you to travel with your kids?

Residents of San Antonio no doubt enjoy the privilege of being able to travel wherever and with whomever they choose. Yet if you are a divorced parent, are you able to travel with your child? Stories of international abductions often begin with parents taking their children to other countries with the promise that they will return, yet never doing so. Because of this, Texas has enacted laws to help prevent such incidents from happening. Such laws could prohibit your from traveling with your child both out-of-state and/or overseas.

Comparing civilian and military protective orders

For many of the military families with whom we work here at The Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C., domestic violence is a continual concern. If you have been the victim of it, you are not alone. In fact, information shared by SFGate.com shows that nearly 21 percent of reported domestic violence cases in the U.S have been attributed to military personnel. If you are looking to separate from an abusive spouse that is in the military, then you doubt want to ensure that you, your children, and the rest of family are protected from him or her. However, if you fail to file for a protective order through the proper channels, that protection may not be guaranteed.

What visitation rights are you entitled to?

Emotions between divorcing couples in San Antonio can often run high. This can get in the way of them making equitable decisions regarding important topics such as child custody and visitation rights. If you are currently going through this process and are worried about your potential visitation schedule, you should know that the court often takes the lead in handling this matter.

Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.
325 S Flores St.,
San Antonio, TX 78204

Phone: 210-807-8158
Toll Free: 888-447-9456
Fax: 210-227-5353
San Antonio Law Office Map

Subscribe to this blog’s feed FindLaw Network
Pay Your Invoice with LawPay