Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C. - San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Call Toll Free 888.447.9456
Local Calls 210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.

Man arrested and charged with owing over $68,000 in child support

When a San Antonio couple with children divorce, it is still the responsibility of both parents to provide for their children and contribute financially toward their care. When one parent fails to meet this responsibility, it can really take a toll on both the children and the remaining parent.

One family that is most likely very well aware of this fact may finally be seeing an end to their days of going without child support payments. The father of the family allegedly failed to make any payments for almost 3 years. He was recently taken into custody by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services after a federal warrant was issued for his arrest. And since the warrant was issued in 2009, he has likely racked up much more unpaid child support.

Health and Human Services reportedly relied on surveillance to confirm the identity of the man after receiving a tip about his whereabouts last month. He will be taken back to his home state, where he will have to answer for the more than $68,000 he allegedly failed to pay in child support.

In an ideal world when two spouses go their separate ways, they would each be responsible enough to care and provide for their children. However, in this day and age, that is not often the case. People who are left high and dry by their former spouse may want to contact an attorney, who can advise them on the best way to get the child support that they are owed. Doing so can help them be able to provide the things their children need as they grow up. And if a non-custodial parent really can’t afford child support payments, that parent should petition a judge for a modification in payment amounts instead of simply stopping payments.

Source: Associated Press, “Arrest made in SD child support case,” Jan. 31, 2013

Contact Form

  Email Us For A Response

Office Location

Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.
325 S Flores St.,
San Antonio, TX 78204

Toll Free: 888-447-9456
Phone: 210-807-8158
Fax: 210-227-5353
San Antonio Law Office Map

Review Us
FindLaw Network