Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay
Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.
View Our Practice Areas
  1. Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
    Top 100 Trial Lawyer
    Scene best sa lawyers 2018
  2. Top-40-40
    Scene best sa lawyers 2019
  3. avvo-2016
  4. 2020-10-BEST-CLA.png
  • Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
  • avvo-10.0
  • avvo-review
  • Top 100 Trial Lawyer
  • Top-40-40
  • Scene best sa lawyers 2018
  • Scene best sa lawyers 2019
  • avvo-2014
  • avvo-2015
  • avvo-2016
  • avvo-2019
  • avvo-2020
  • best-of-best

Judge orders man to pay more than $100K in overdue child support

Although child support is part of any divorcee that involves children, not every parent who is ordered to pay child support is willing to do so. In fact, many times parents in the San Antonio area, as well as anywhere else, skip out on their obligations. However, this can lead to legal troubles, including criminal prosecution.

A 54-year-old man who has pleaded guilty to failing to pay his child support has been sentenced to probation and ordered to pay over $106,000 in restitution for outstanding payments. The man was originally ordered to pay $767 a month when he and his ex-wife divorced. According to reports the last time he made a payment was in 2005. After his guilty plea a judge sentenced to him 30 months probation in addition to paying restitution.

The judge also ordered the man, who had moved from the state where his divorce took place, to look for and keep a job. According to federal law, officials can still charge a person for failing to pay child support even if he or she has moved to a different state than the child, if the outstanding amount is more than $5,000 and the person has failed to pay support for at least a year.

Hopefully this ruling will help the child in this situation receive the monthly assistance he needs. If you are dealing with a child support or child custody issue with your ex-spouse then you might want to seek the help of an experienced child support lawyer.

Source: KEPR TV, “Walla Walla man charged $100,000 in child support,” Feb. 13, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information