Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay
Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.
View Our Practice Areas
  1. Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
    Top 100 Trial Lawyer
    Scene best sa lawyers 2018
  2. Top-40-40
    Scene best sa lawyers 2019
  3. avvo-2016
  4. 2020-10-BEST-CLA.png
  • Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
  • avvo-10.0
  • avvo-review
  • Top 100 Trial Lawyer
  • Top-40-40
  • Scene best sa lawyers 2018
  • Scene best sa lawyers 2019
  • avvo-2014
  • avvo-2015
  • avvo-2016
  • avvo-2019
  • avvo-2020
  • best-of-best

Liens as a child support enforcement technique

As a parent, you are probably well acquainted with the many practical and financial obligations that go along with taking care of your children. You may also know, then, how difficult it can be to provide for your kids’ needs and interests when child support is not consistently provided by your children’s other parent. At the Law office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C., we make it a priority to enforce the terms of a valid child support agreement under whatever means necessary, including imposing liens on parents’ personal accounts in some cases.

While your children’s other parent can seek to have his or her child support payments adjusted and/or suspended under some circumstances, he or she is legally bound to account for your kids’ financial needs. If he or she fails to take the appropriate legal steps to address child support issues, and stops paying the court-ordered amount, you typically have the right to pursue enforcement efforts. Submitting a lien against his or her personal bank accounts is one effective option for collecting child support arrears.

Despite the fact that the Attorney General of the state of Texas is typically responsible for enforcing child support agreements, you can engage in collection efforts on your own in some cases. For instance, you can file a petition to have your children’s other parent held in contempt of your court-ordered child support agreement. Being held in contempt can result in significant financial penalties as well as a jail sentence under some circumstances. Placing a lien on his or her bank accounts and/or any available settlement awards can go a long way to help ensure that you receive the financial compensation that your children are entitled to under the law.

Child support agreements are considered legally binding contracts, and are strictly enforced in the state of Texas. Learn more about how delinquent payments can be recuperated by visiting our web page anytime.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information