Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C. - San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Call Toll Free 888.447.9456
Local Calls 210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.

Proving that you paid your child support

Many of our San Antonio clients come to us here at The Law Office of Roland R. Esparza asking for our help in enforcing their child support agreements. Yet what if you have been making your child support payments, but your ex-spouse says you haven’t? Failure to pay child support can result in fines, the suspension of your drivers’ license, or even jail time. Thus, being able to prove that you have been dutiful in making your payments is vital.

The U.S. Census Bureau shows that in 2011, $37.9 billion was owed in child support. However, over 25 percent of the custodial parents owed payments reportedly never received them. If anything, this should show you how prevalent cases of non-payment are, so you should take any accusations of it very seriously.

As child support payments in Texas are made directly to the state, you should be able to obtain some form of a record showing the payments that you have made. Your first step in proving that you are current on your payments is to contact the Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit asking for proof of your payments. Be very specific in the information that you need, and ask them to include details such as:

  •          Dates payments were received
  •          The amount received
  •          Confirmation that funds were disbursed

You may also go to your bank to request statements showing when the transactions hit your account. If you typically pay by check, ask for copies of the cancelled checks.

If your ex-spouse chooses to take the matter any further, consider having your child support agreement reviewed. It may be revealed that certain aspects of the agreement aren’t even enforceable.

For more information on dealing with child support enforcement, please continue to browse through our site. 

Contact Form

  Email Us For A Response

Office Location

Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.
325 S Flores St.,
San Antonio, TX 78204

Toll Free: 888-447-9456
Phone: 210-807-8158
Fax: 210-227-5353
San Antonio Law Office Map

Review Us
FindLaw Network