Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C. - San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Call Toll Free 888.447.9456
Local Calls 210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.

Detailing the process of petitioning the court for enforcement

Many in San Antonio may view being awarded the right to receive child support as the final hurdle that custodial parents face in supporting their kids. However, several may later come to us here at The Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C. needing legal assistance to have their child support agreements enforced. If your ex-spouse has fallen behind on his or her child support payments, you may want to familiarize yourself with the legal process of having his or her obligation enforced by the court in the event your case requires it.

The Texas Family Code states any motion for enforcement must be filed with the court that has jurisdiction over your case. In it, you must clearly identify that it is your ex-spouse’s child support obligation that needs to be enforced, including any details as to his or her noncompliance. Such details may include how long it has been since he or she last made a payment, or any reasons he or she may have given you as to why payments were being missed.

Furthermore, you must also include details such as:

  •          The exact amount of child support her or she required to pay as per the terms of your agreement.
  •          How much he or she owes in back payments.
  •          How much he or she has already paid toward fulfilling his or her obligation.

You may also choose to ask that your ex be found in contempt either due to prior payment issues or if you feel as though his or her behavior warrants it. To do so, you must present evidence showing the exact dates of any prior violations, as well as the details of how any past arrearages were settled.

 You can find more information on child support enforcement by continuing to browse through our site. 

Contact Form

  Email Us For A Response

Office Location

Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.
325 S Flores St.,
San Antonio, TX 78204

Toll Free: 888-447-9456
Phone: 210-807-8158
Fax: 210-227-5353
San Antonio Law Office Map

Review Us
FindLaw Network