Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

View Our Practice Areas

September 2018 Archives

Divorce for active duty service members can be complicated

For most people in Texas, the paperwork required for a divorce can be filed easily in the state where they live. However, when the divorcing couple is in the military, the situation can be more complicated. At the Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, PC, we often help clients in the military file for divorce.

What does loss of consortium mean?

If you or your spouse becomes injured in a Texas car crash or if (s)he dies as the result of someone’s negligence or misconduct, you have the right to sue the responsible person and/or entity. As FindLaw explains, one of the things for which you can sue is loss of consortium, i.e., your loss of the intangible benefits (s)he provided you or you provided him or her prior to the accident.

What is the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction?

When you fall in love with and marry someone from a foreign country, you live a true international love story. Unfortunately, if your marriage goes sour, your life can become quite complicated, especially if you have children. Whether you stay married or obtain a Texas divorce, your spouse or ex-spouse may decide to take the children overseas, supposedly to visit his or her relatives. Once there, however, (s)he then refuses to return the children to you and their home in the United States.

Can I move out of state with my children?

As a divorced Texas parent with residential custody of your children, it may never have occurred to you that you are not in total control of your or their lives. For instance, if your employer gives you a promotion that requires you to move out of state, can you do this?