Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C. - San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney

Call Toll Free888.447.9456

Local Calls210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Call Toll Free 888.447.9456
Local Calls 210.807.8158

Hablamos Español

Make Payment Lawpay

Our first priority is our client’s health and safety. Due to COVID-19 our office is taking precautions to keep our clients and their families safe. We have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a phone consultation or video conference (FaceTime or Zoom) is appropriate for you. Thank you.

Your responsibilities in child custody

According to federal laws, every child should have a maximum of two parents at a time. Apart from adoptive and biological parents, there has been an influx of custodial parents in Texas. Custodial parents are the parents who live with a child after the primary custody of the child has been given to them by a court. Mostly, one parent is made a custodial parent by the court. Thus, just one parent will be involved with the welfare of the child. Similar to normal parenting, custodial parenting is challenging. Here are some responsibilities that come with custodial parenting.

Contact your ex-spouse for important matters

Most divorce cases will end with joint child custody. In this case, you need to contact your ex-spouse before making any decisions about issues concerning your child. Raising your child is not a one-person job. Therefore, your ex-spouse’s input is required. To makes things easier, you can create a parenting plan that involves all the critical issues affecting your child.

The child’s best interest

When a judge makes their decision in court, they always consider the child’s best interest. Thus, in every decision that you make, you need to ensure that the child is not only happy but also healthy. The needs of your child should come yours.

Inform your ex-spouse before relocating

If you plan to relocate with your child, it’s best that you informed your ex-spouse. Think of what you could do if your former spouse left with your kid without letting you know. Letting the non-custodial parent know about the relocation is essential. He or she could also file a change of child custody to stop the relocation.

In court, the judge will consider a couple of factors. If it is a permanent relocation, the court can halt the relocation. For a vacation, just inform the non-custodial parent, and you’ll be okay. If you have questions or need help with managing your child custody matters, an attorney may be able to help.

Contact Form

  Email Us For A Response

Office Location

Law Office of Roland R. Esparza, P.C.
325 S Flores St.,
San Antonio, TX 78204

Toll Free: 888-447-9456
Phone: 210-807-8158
Fax: 210-227-5353
San Antonio Law Office Map

Review Us
FindLaw Network